Monday 1 April 2019

Led Zeppelin ‎– Led Zeppelin (blue lettering edition) 1969*****

I'll actually write a full presentation later, but I had to share my excitement about finding an unexpected treasure trove on ebay. This new user who goes by the name kor0.ido1973 is putting an entire vinyl collection for sale. Everything goes for €3, supposedly all lp's are condition Very Good/VG. Among them, this ultra rare original copy of Led Zeppelin's debut, with blue lettering instead of orange. I thought it might be a scam, but it sounded too good to pass. Well it was delivered today and, imagine my surprise, it really is the real thing: catalogue number and other details check out. Furthermore, the condition is far better than VG, in my opinion it's Near Mint/NM. It seems as if some eccentric collector hoarded all the vinyls he could get his hands on, barely listening to them throughout the years. This collection has obviously fell in the hands of an ignorant relative looking to make a quick buck by selling everything on ebay. I logged back in and made a big order snatching the choicest items, but there's thousands of them. Maybe you'll find what you've been seeking, too.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, of course this was an April Fools Day post. No way you can find the original Led Zeppelin I for €3. Or €30. Or €300, at least not in acceptable condition. The vinyl on the photo is in my collection, but the lettering is the wrong shade of blue, original was turquoise. Mine is a reissue, probably bootleg. Still cool, though. To be presented someday, along with the newest Deluxe CD reissue.

    ReplyDelete